Hi guys, today we’re going to share how to make simple tomato spaghetti at home. Here is the following recipe and instructions below:
4 cloves Garlic
1 bunch of Fresh Basil (optional)
3g Dried Basil
15ml Olive oil
a pinch of Salt
a pinch of Black pepper
15g Parmesan cheese (optional)
OK let’s start cooking!
1. First of all, you need to boil some spaghetti at the beginning. We have taught 8 tips to cook pasta perfectly before, you can see the post HERE: (please click)
2. Next, peel and chop the tomatoes, onion and garlic to brunoise cut (small cubes).
Tomatoes, onion and garlic with brunoise cut.
3. After that, pick the basil leaves, you can also reserving some baby leaves for garnish. It’s optional. Then cut it with julienne cut (finely slices). We just used dried basil so we skipped this step.
4. Moreover, preheat your saucepan to medium heat, add in olive oil, onion and garlic, then stir frying for about 6 minutes. Be carefully do not let your garlic and onion get burnt. The mixture after stir frying should be golden brown and the onion will became transparent. Then seasoning with salt, pepper and dried basil.
5. Add tomatoes. Keep stirring and you will see the mixture will become watery because the tomato juices but it’s not enough water for covering, so add the remaining spaghetti water. The amount of water just depends on how many sauce you needed.
Then cook for around 10 minutes with lid until the tomatoes thoroughly cooked and soften. Seasoning again, you can adjust the taste.
Covering with lid
Simple tomato sauce
6. Furthermore, add the spaghetti and mix well. Remember one point, we have reduced time for boiling pasta so we can cook for the remaining time in here. DO NOT over cook. The best texture of pasta should be “AL Dente”, in English it translate as “to the tooth”, it means pasta is soft enough to eat but still have a bit of bite and firmness.
7. Finally, add some extra-virgin olive oil for coating, it gives more flavor boost to the pasta. Remove them from the pan and plating. Garnish it by basil and Parmesan cheese. (You can use microplane to finely grate the cheese and sprinkle it on top)
DA DA! Finished
**We will have one more tutorial for cooking pasta coming soon.
We hope you guys will enjoy this post and to try to do that, see you next time. Bye!
※If you want to learn more recipes, please like and comment on our post, subscribe us to follow our latest status, thank you!※
Instagram @ newcookking