Hi guys, today we’re going to share how to make Pound cake at home.
What’s pound cake? “
Pound” means the recipes that contained one pound of butter, one pound of sugar, one pound of eggs and one pound of flour.
However, we have changed our pound cake recipe from the original one because we want to make the healthier cake.
Although we have reduced the quantity of sugar, it still works. They are moist, rich and taste buttery flavor inside and look golden brown outside.
Making pound cake is quite easy, the ingredients are simple and the cooking time is short. Everyone loves pound cake. The ingredients in making pound cake are very simple, just flour, sugar, salt, baking powder(optional), butter, eggs, pure vanilla extract and milk.
There are different ways to make pound cake. The first way we called “Creaming method”. It means mix the butter and sugar togethe then mix until combined, you will see the mixture become fluffy and pale.
After that, add milk and eggs slowly then add flour at last and mix well. Finally the pound cake mixture was done.
Normally people use creaming method for making pound cake but we don’t. We have tried different ways to make this cake so we will introduce the second way. That is much easier and faster.
If you choose this method for making pound cake, make sure all of the ingredients are in room temperature and follow our instructions step by step.
Here are the ingredients and instructions.
Part A: (liquids)
Eggs (Room temperature)
Milk (Room temperature)
Pure vanilla extract/ vanilla seeds
Part B: (Dry)
Cake flour (Sifted)
Baking powder (optional)
Part C: (Butter)
Unsalted butter (Room temperature)
Part D: (Optional)
OK let’s start baking!
1. Firstly, preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (350 degrees F). Butter your loaf pan. Set aside.
2. Next, gather all the ingredients to 3 different parts.
Part A, whisk together with eggs, milk, and pure vanilla extract.
Part B, we combine the dry ingredients (cake flour, sugar, baking powder and sea salt) in the medium size mixing bowl.
Then, we mix the mixture in low speed until blended.
Part C, we cut the butter into small cubes, set aside.
3. Moreover, we mix the butter with the egg mixture and turn on medium speed until the dry ingredients are moistened, it’ll takes about 30 seconds, keep whisking for about one minute to develop the structure.
Unsalted butter (*Room temperature*)
4. Remember to scrape down the mixture on the sides of the bowl. Gradually, add the remaining egg mixture, beating until incorporated.
5. Afterwards, we mix on medium high speed until the batter become pale and fluffy.
Nice and smooth pound cake batter
6. This part is optional. However, we want to have more texture and aroma so we add some raisins.
Pound cake batter with raisins
7. We pour the batter into the pan and smooth the top. Bake for about 45 to 55 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
*If you see the cake browning too much but not thoroughly cooked, you can cover with a piece of aluminum foil and keep baking.*
8.We remove the cake from the oven, chill for about 15 minutes. Then remove the pan and completely chill.
The pound cake can be covered by cling film and stored for several days at room temperature.
The best serving time is the day after we baked the cake.
As a result, It has the brilliant texture and you can feel a little bit sticky because the butter exposed and you can taste rich and moist. The edges are golden brown too. It’s really awesome!
After 1 day
DADA! Final product
We hope you guys will enjoy this post and try to do that, see you next time. Bye! If you’re interested in making other savory and desserts,
please click Tamagoyaki (Japanese omelette) 玉子焼き recipe
Cookie Dough Tart Crust Recipe .
Cookie dough tart crust
※If you want to learn more recipes, please like, comment and subscribe us to follow our latest status, thank you!※